Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling back-button of the browser from peoplecode

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinu

Programmer
Oct 16, 2001
IN
can i disable the back-button of the internet browser from peoplecode in an event-code and then re-enable it from another event-code???

Hello,

PeopleCode does not execute on the user's workstation and clicking the Back button would not fire a PeopleCode event.

Since you are trying to control the Internet browser, you may want to consider doing this by adding an HTML object containing JavaScript to the page.

Here is a link with some JavaScript:

Don't forget, you will create an obstacle to going back, but the user could click the Back button drop down button and choose the previous page. This is what I do when a web site prevents me from using my Back button.

thanks jerome for the tip...but i too found out that any solution by obstructing the back-button will be having some loopholes. so right now i am trying to solve the problem using other approaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back