Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disabled toolbar menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenmac

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
CA
I was infected with a toolbar called "search" and was able to get rid of it by going into the registry and deleteing it's value. When I had the toolbar the menu for the toolbars in IE was disabled. It is still this way. I'm assuming the rogue toolbar had changed a reg key to do this and I was wondering if anyone knew where to find it. All help will be much appreciated!

Glen

Download hijack this from the link below.Please do this. Click here:

to download HijackThis. Click scan and save a logfile, then post it here so
we can take a look at it for you. Don't click fix on anything in hijack this
as most of the files are legitimate.

Member of ASAP Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals

under the name khazars

Tbanks for the tip. I was also infected with a number of viri that avg couldn't eliminate, so decided to return to a backup (problem solved). Out of curiosity has anyone heard of these viri?
Clicker.fr, generic.xks, collected.8.aq, and generic.xfv. AVG picked up the viri but when I applied heal or move to vault it said access denied. I even tried to eradicate these pests in safe mode with no success.

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back