Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabled graphics controller memory, now boot-up to black screen 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

goosepig

Technical User
Mar 24, 2003
GB
Hiya all,

In my extreme frustration in trying to get my new pci graphics card to work with onboard graphics, I have made a very stupid mistake.

After reading troubleshooter in properties, in device manager, I disabled Intel(r)82810E Graphics controller memory & Intel(r)82802 firmware hub device. I naively looked at the binary numbers (000A0000 - 000BFFFF), and because there were two instances of it (Intel(r)82810E Graphics controller & PCI bus) I thought disabling one of them would remedy the resource conflict problem, stopping me using my new pci card.

The screen is now black everytime I boot-up. I have tried booting up from windows xp cd-rom, and repairing xp, but still get black screen. Is there anything I can do in bios to fix this problem?

I have a dual boot computer, and can see the drive concerned from the other hard drive, if that helps at all.

I'm really desperate here, is there anything I can do without losing my stuff???????

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Scott

You are very welcome.

I can image how difficult and scary this must have been; with the notion that there was no way out after the Device Manager changes.

Best,
Bill Castner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back