Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabled Goback - NAV 2004 Requires Reactivation ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

55plus

Programmer
May 22, 2002
US
I disabled Goback (version 3.?) this morning. On the subsequent reboot, NAV 2004 came up and said it needed reactivating. Of course, it had been activated in June when I purchased and installed it. Goback was still installed and enabled at that time -- probably a key point.

When I attempted to reactivate NAV 2004, after I keyed in the product key, the Symantec server sent back the message "max count reached". I tried disconnecting from the Internet and activating by phone and got essentially the same thing. They referred the call to their toll free support number which, of course, is not open over the weekend.

Other than this, my machine (Win XP Pro, 1.6 GHz P4, 512 MB RAM) is operating with no problem. I have installed AVG 6 as a stop-gap anti virus measure until the NAV issue can be resolved.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back