Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable the "Exiting the system, goodbye!" Message on Auto Attendant/Info Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireradio

Technical User
Aug 19, 2020
US
Hello!

BCM50 Release 6 -

I'm wondering if there is any way to prevent the system from playing the built-in "Exiting the system, goodbye!" message after the auto attendant/info mailbox plays an informational message. It is just superfluous and sounds kind of silly, in my opinion. Would love to shut it off if possible, but I haven't found a way if there is one.

Thanks!

It plays for a reason to let the caller know they are being disconnected rather than rudely disconnect them without a word.
You chose Disconnect so that's what they will hear.
I seriously doubt a caller would ever be offended or complain about that greeting, never heard a complaint yet but if they do then don't stop your info recording so fast.

If you would rather to send the caller back to the previous greeting or to the main menu then change your destination setting.

You ARE the weakest link! Goodbye!

[clown]

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back