Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable The Maximize Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassified

Technical User
Jun 25, 2002
US
Hello everyone,

I posted a Question about "fixed window size" thread215-537788 and got the answer, but I was wondering if there is a way to Disable The Maximize Button and get rid of the scroll bar. All I want is just the fixed window without the option of resizing.(Just in case anyone needs to know, I'm saving the page in .HTA file type)
Thanks in Advanced,

Life Is Good.
HASSIFIED

When opening a new window with JavaScript you can specify no menu bar, toolbar, and whether or not it's resizable.

I believe resizeable only applies to when the user tries to grab the window and resize it, but it may work for what you want (if you're still wanting to have all of the other window attributes). The combination of disabling all of these will leave you with a window where you must provide a method for the user to close the window, unless they want to right-click and do it.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back