Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable sticky keys 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsteapot

Technical User
Mar 27, 2009
GB
Hi does any one know how to disable sticky keys with a script.
The kids in school drive us nuts pressing shift 5 times to enable it and the reg hack does not stop it.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\StickyKeys]
"Flags"="506

Disable it via group policy.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Hi I have looked in group policy, however I cannot find a setting that will disable the user from hitting shift 5 times to enable sticky keys. I have used the reg as described in web posts but only works the once, logoff and it reappears.

Hi Mark I ws passed this script, but it fails
'Disable Sticky Keys
Set ObjShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
RegKey = "HKCU\Control Panel\Accessability\Stickykeys\"
WSHShell.RegWrite regkey & "Flags","506","REG_SZ"

with object required WSHShell

[!]ObjShell[/!].RegWrite regkey & "Flags","506","REG_SZ"

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

hi still fails to stop users hitting shift 5 times to access sticky keys. thanks for you help

This can be accomplished by deleting the following registry entry and blocking access to the control panel via GPO:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility

Delete the entire Accessibilty folder and restart the PC.

Code:
Set WSHShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
WSHShell.RegDelete "HKCU\Control Panel\Accessibility"

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Hi all, thanks for your help, but have now sorted the problem with a batch file. CODE BELOW
reg delete "HKCU\Control Panel\Accessibility" /f

PAUSE

'pause put in to test that it worked

That does EXACTLY the same thing as the script I provided.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back