Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable .rpt export format

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
I have a .NET program with several crystal reports. The users can run the reports fine, then they can export to the .rpt format, which gives them the entire crystal report design. This is why I embedded the reports into a .NET program to begin with. I sell these reports as a bundle and I don't want users sharing them. I don't mind if they export to excel, pdf or whatever else, I just want to disable exporting in .rpt format.

Is there a way to do this in .NET code?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Hi Don,

You would need to create your own exporting GUI to achieve this. That's what I did in my own viewer application.

hth,
- Ido

view, email, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Hi Don,

I was searching for an answer to this same question today and came across your question. I found an answer that does not require nearly as much work as suggested, at the link below.

This solution requires some coding but it is much simpler than designing your own viewer control from scratch. Give me a call if you need any help implementing this.

Scott Travis
Enterprise Expressions, LLC

Hi,
If the reports are published ( to BOE or CR Ssrver) you can set security so that a .rpt export is not permitted.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back