Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable replace tab on Find Dialog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor2008

Technical User
Feb 19, 2008
US
Hi I am trying to disable the replace tab on the find diaog in access 03, I have searched the net and found findtext.dlg but have tried searhing both my HD and the ms Office folder for the file with no luck,
Does anyone know how to disable the replace tab, other then creating a custom dlg. my db is almost done and I noticed the end user would be able to change entries with the replace(I guess I didn't pay attention to it when I wanted to use the findtext.dlg.
Thanks for helping

How are ya Trevor2008 . . .

Have a look here: Hiding Replace Tab in Find/Replace Dialog

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997
Also faq181-2886

but Won't opening the db in read-only mode prevent field changes? I don't want the end user to be able to use the replace tab but there are fields on the form for the end user to update/change through the form.

I think I solved how to hide the replace tab of the find dialog while still allowing users to edit the fields they are suppose to be able to edit from the form by setting ailow edits on the form to "NO

Trevor2008 . . .

Thats exactly what the link I provided is showing! [surprise]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997
Also faq181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back