Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disable "Database Window"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndltx5

Technical User
Jun 6, 2007
US
Is it possible to disable the "Database Window" for read-only users? The database is set up where when you login the first thing you see is a form and you navigate through the database through a series of forms, not with the "Database Window." There is a table that I don't want read-only users to be able to open, but apparently the first form uses information from this table so I can't take away their permission for this table. So instead of taking away ther permission to this table I would like to take away their ability to open the table through the "Database Window," and just let them navigate through the forms. Any suggestions or other ideas that would accomplish the same thing?

Thank you

uncheck tools-->startup-->display database window

It is already unchecked, but that doesn't prevent them from opening the "database window" from the tool bar.

Nevermind i figured out an alternate solution.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back