Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable Print Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotte

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2000
US
I'm not sure if this is possible, but does anyone have any thoughts on how to diable the Print Screen button while using your browser. I'm trying to eliminate the possibility for users to EASILY cut and paste information from our internet. I can disable the tool bar (i.e., edit, cut, paste) and disable the right mouse button (i.e., cut and paste); however, users can still do a Print Screen and paste the information into Word. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Dave [sig][/sig]

I am sorry Dave (resist, resist :)) I fail to see the point of this.....

You want people to be able to read you pages but not print them. Sort of "For Your Eyes Only"

If the information is so sensitive then you need to limit access to your intranet

Otherwise why bother. It goes against the philosophy of open data for all that makes the Internet what it is.

A determined "spy" can always get around these if only by using a pencil and paper :) [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back