Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable Leaving Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

h382

Vendor
Aug 9, 2005
US
Is there a way to disable the caller from leaving a message, but still hear an announcement?

This is just like an announce-only mailbox. The only way to do this is by building a Caller Application.

For an extended absence that gives the suscriber the ability to change their own greeting(optional)from time to time but don't want vm left in the mb. You could quickly define a separate COS to limit the maximum mb size to "0 or 1" and maximum call answer to "0" in mailbox manager or MSS Admin. Enable "Extended absence state" and enable "Record mailbox greetings" if needed. Disable all other features. At the end of the recorded greeting the system prompt will say there is no space available for the mailbox and no messages can be left.

Hello, I need to set up the same type of mailbox (announce-only, similar to a Bulletin Board announcement in Audix)

Twix79, is there a FAQ on this or could you post a link to the doc for this?

PSN # 849U - Caller Application Announcement Mailboxes differences in Class of Service Programming for Modular Messaging 3.0
Problem Description:

Caller Application Announcement Mailbox differences in Class of Service Programming for Modular Messaging 3.0.

Resolution:

Information for Modular Messaging 3.0 regarding Caller Application Announcement mailboxes and (potentially) bulletin mailbox Classes of Service:

If you configure a Class of Service for Caller Application announcement recording only, or a bulletin Class of Service in which the mailboxes will not take messages, be advised that these mailboxes will indeed receive system BROADCAST messages. There's also a slight change in the way previous Class of Service settings have changed as compared to Modular Messaging 3.0 Class of Service programming.

Here's what works for Modular Messaging 3.0:

1. Set the message retention schedule for both new and saved messages to 0
- this will ensure (almost) immediate deletion of any messages received
2. Set the mailbox total capacity to 60 or 120 minutes for announcements
3. Set the maximum Call Answer message length to 1
4. Set the maximum VM message length to 1

NOTE: If you're doing an upgrade, and the customer has a Class of Service in place which is used for announcement recording (not message taking), you will have to modify those Classes of Service already in place following the upgrade.

Check the retention, Call Answer message length, Voice Mail message length, and mailbox capacity

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back