Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disable IP Phone firmware downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

senk1s

Vendor
Dec 15, 2003
CA
This is on a CS1kE R5. 1140e C6E is the TPS firmware and on the phones
I have a 1140e with firmware C8A - when i register it to this system it downgrades to C6E

Is there a way to stop this downgrade?
(I'm look to use a USB headset which requires a newer firmware than C6E)

Update the firmware on the server to C8A.

Meridian, Callpilot, CCM (Symposium) from Germany

thanks m1spezi ... i am considering that option as well
but i thought that if the firmware is higher on the phone the pbx doesnt do anything on it

The PBX loads the firmware to the set, therefore it will load what is on the Call server.

the pbx let phones with firmware C6T, C6R, C7J run as is ...

thats why i assumed that if the firmware on the device is better the system will ignore it. Maybe C8x is different

Whatever is on the Signaling Server under Firmware is what the phones will end up with. The system checks to see if the firmware on the phone and signaling server MATCH. If not the system will load whatever is on the sig server, wheather it is newer or older. So get the newer firmware, load it on the signaling server and whenever the phones reset they will pick it up.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back