Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable Ethernet Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

mundell

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2000
US
I am looking for a way to Disable certain ethernet ports on a Linksys 8 port router or 4 port either one is there a way I can get into the router and disable lets say ethernet port 3 on the switch and then be able to go back in later on and re enable this port??? Want to be able to save time from running into a room and unplugging a cable then have to go back in and plug back in. Thanks

Not that I know of for the Linksys. You can however block ports for a certain IP. If you know the IP of the computer you want to block and which port you want, then just go into the linksys setup, advanced tab and then filter, enter it's IP to block the pc from going onto the internet. I think you can also block some ports only but not the physical port on the linksys.

bootleg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back