Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable Domain Authentication on 1 Receive Connector..

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPXTech

Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
US
Hey, all. First time-poster here. I'm working on trying to send some emails internally via SMTP through our Exchange Server.

Forgive me if I sound like a complete Exchange newbie, because quite frankly, I am. But we've got our Exchange set up, but here is where we are running into a problem. We have a Voicemail server that sends voicemails as attachments via SMTP. I added a new receive connector, have it set to receive anonymous users, and set the default domain using

Set-ReceiveConnector "Voicemail" -DefaultDomain "DOMAIN.COM"

I added our Voicemail server to the remote address field, and then set up Outlook Express to use our Exchange server for outgoing emails. If I assign a domain to my email address (aka "ipxtech@domain.com") it works fine -- however once I take off the "@domain.com" as the outgoing email, it stops working.

I ask as our voicemail service sends an email as "VoiceMail Pro Server" with no domain at the end. We have found no way to change this..

Any tips would be appreciated! Being pointed in the right direction is hopefully all I need, but I've come to a dead-end at the moment.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back