Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable desktop wallpaper in SCCM remote tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmail2

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
IE
Hi All

We've just recently installed SCCM 2007 so I'm quiet new to it (I didn't configure it either unfortunately). We are using the remote tools as we have alot of users in small branch offices. Prior to this we used remote assistance, but we are finding the remote tools a bit better. However, one thing I would like to do is disable the display of desktop wallpaper when viewing a user's desktop

does anybody know if this is possible ? I've heard that it's possible to do this with remote assistance on vista/win 7 - so surely it must be possible with SCCM ? Our clients are all vista sp1

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Irish Poetry and Short Stories - Doghouse Books
Garten und Landschaftsbau

there is nothing in the sccm console under the 'Remote Tools Client Agent' and there is nothing in my book which tells me it can be done.
there is note that the settings in the SCCM console will override local policy but a domain policy will win over them both. so, perhaps there is something extra in the domain policy, but i doubt it.
there must be a local WMI class which holds the remote tools client properties, perhaps you could find that and it might give you something extra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back