Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable default double Click on form and document & save prompt 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pechettysuguna

Programmer
Oct 11, 2001
JP
Hi,

By default :
1) when we double click a form, its become editable.
2) when we click a document in a view, its open a form
3) Closing a form without save, prompt for saving
4) Window closes, when ESC key is used.

How to diable the above activity only in my application ?

1) this is Notes Client behavior, not programmable.
2) You can control the opening of a document via the QueryOpen event in the form.
3) The only way to disable a save prompt is to set the SaveOptions field to "0" - but in that case the document will not save as long as the field is "0".
4) In a document, the QueryClose event can control how the document is closed - up to a point.

The issues you outline are not functional issues, that is how Notes works. If users have problems with that, my guess is that they need more training in Notes. If this is not a user problem, could you explain why it is an issue in your application ?

Pascal.

Issue is not with the user.

I want to diable is auto save option. As in the save button, I am checking if he has access to that role and then allowing to save.

But this default save, is a problem.
As per the above pt. 3-> I added a field and named it as "SaveOptions". But still the document is getting saved.
What is to be done ?
thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back