Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable Ctrl + Alt + Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICISYD

Programmer
Dec 18, 2002
GB
Does anyone know a way to disable ctrl + alt + delete in 2000/XP? Any help would be much appreciated.

In simple terms, you can't

The CAD (or Secure Attention Sequence) cannot be trapped by any process other than MSGINA.

So from VB you can't....

If you are very brave you can attempt to re-write the GINA. You will need to do this in C++. However, conventional wisdom says that this is a very hard thing to do! It is also extremely likely to prove fatal to the operating system several (many) times during development.

My advice: Rethink why you need to trap CAD! thread222-571474 thread222-541509 offer some additional reading...

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

If I were you I'd do a keyword search in this forum on this subject. It has been asked in here plenty of times before. Mind you, to save you time: no, it can't be done in VB for NT/2000/XP/2003. Doing the keyword search will provide you with the explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back