Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable CHAP on PPPoE WAN connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcisar

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2002
CA
Does anyone know if it is possible to disable CHAP authentication on a PPPoE WAN connection on a TZ200 ?

I have a WAN connection recently converted by the ISP from static IP to PPPoE. The remote end negotiates a CHAP connection even though it is not able to successfully do CHAP authentication. With several other brand routers we've been able to work around this by disabling CHAP on the client device, at which point the client and server negotiate PAP authentication and everything is fine.

Unfortunately I've been unable to find anywhere to disable CHAP on the SonicWALL. I've had a couple of other routers where there was no GUI option but the manufacturer was able to provide me a command-line hack to disable it... I'm hoping this might also be the case with the SonicWALL if nothing is exposed in the GUI.

Cheers,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back