Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable caller ID on main console 4424LD+ and just show trunk number for incoming call

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglascoe64

Technical User
Mar 20, 2016
US
We switched voice providers earlier this year and that reset our phone system. On our main console with is using the 4424LD+ phone, when an incoming call comes in, it used to just show what trunk number the call was on and the operator would tell us to pick up on that trunk (say 805). Now with the change over, the caller ID shows (name of incoming caller) and she has to use the next button to display what trunk number the call came in on. Is there a way to disable the caller ID for just that main console to where it just shows the trunk number the call came in on like it used to?

No - I take it your receptionist is a Diva (like most) and pushing one more button has her panties in a huff. She should be thankful for the Caller ID and really I'm surprised she figured-out the "Next" button.

Wow! WikiTech, glad to see that you're keeping up on your customer service skills!! [3eyes]

I don't have a system in front of me to test, but try going under Extensions to the 3rd page, and selecting Display Preference. Try the 3 available settings, Name, Number, and Both to see if any of these change the behaviour of the display.

WikiTech, no she is a good receptionist.

Thanks TouchToneTommy!

analog or digital trunks? ask your provider to not send caller id.

TouchToneTommy, I went in and changed to display the number only and now it shows up the trunk number and the number calling without her having to scroll to the next page of the display to get the trunk number.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back