Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable audio on rockwell / riptide combo card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevecriss

Technical User
Sep 7, 2002
US
I am trying to use the onboard audio on the new main board ( Shuttle AS40GT ) that I purchased . Unfortunatly the only modem I have is on a combo card with Riptide audio on it. Is there a way to diable the audio without messing up the modem ? Everytime I remove the Master Riptide audio device , windows just reinstalls it. Can anyone help me? I have tried to remove the device and install the drivers for the onboard audio , but windows stops and installs the riptide . I don't get it.

I had a hell of a time installing this modem into win 2000. Blue screens due, I think, to some conflict between the onboard audio and the audio on the riptide. The following drivers included a thing called "Riptide Bus / Firmware Downloader (no audio)" which sorted me out.
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/personal_computing/software/ripif you're using win9x try this, although i don't think it has the no audio option:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/personal_computing/software/rippc99na.exe

I like the suggestion , but before I change the drivers , do you know of a way to simply use BOTH the riptide , and the on board audio ? .. That would be quite EXCELLENT !!!
The only problem I had with the modem when I upgraded systems was that windows kept trying to install it on com3 as a new modem , and it thought that was just fine , only I don't HAVE a com3 ( for real ) . Finally got it sorted out after 25 days ..Drivers were on my original restore disk .
Thanks again , but tell me what ya think .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back