Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable ability for users to initate Remote Wipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

disturbedone

Vendor
Sep 28, 2006
AU
Is it possible to disable the ability for the user to initiate a Remote Wipe for a device from within their Outlook Web Access??

I'd like to have this functionality for admins to be able to wipe lost/stolen devices but not for users to be able to
a) accidentally do it to their own phone
b) deliberately do it to someone else's phone (after gaining access to their OWA)

b) raises other issues about password & physical security (leaving a logged on computer open) and it's their own fault if it happens. But still, I'd like to be able to remove any possibility of it happening.

I've seen various things saying yes it can be done (but not specifying how to do it) and also that it most definitely cannot be done.

Anyone know for sure?

Hmm, I'm guessing then that it's not possible at all.

The few sites I've seen people say that it is possible they've neglected to provide any details of how it can actually be done leading me to believe they don't actually know how. And the sites I've seen saying it definitely can't be done are correct.

I'd still be interested to know if there is anyone who can conclusively say yes or no though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back