Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DISA question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterCommDave

Technical User
Jan 17, 2007
I have group that wants DISA on newly installed MICS 7.1, with both card slots filled using CLID cards. I have always suggested strongly that DISA is a problem just waiting to happen and most other people agree, so this is first actual system install. I have been reading that E&M card is needed for tones. Is there a certain slot? This will involve adding trunk cartridge and line card. Is there a better solution? Right now line answers but I don't hear stutter dial tone and trunk just times out. Thanks

the E&M card goes on the first slot of a TM. you can also put in a services card instead of a E&M since that card is designed to provide the DTMF Receivers like the E&M does. but since you state that you are adding another trunk mod and trunk card then a E&M would be the least expensive route.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back