Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DISA E&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamoukh

Programmer
Nov 22, 2006
SY
hello:
please when I connect the trunk module to 2port fiber expansion card it works well but when I connect an E&M card to set it as a DISA the system could not see the trunk module and when iput a trunk card it is the same & when i changed the module it still the same.
so if any one can help me please?

way I see it your problem is one of the following items:
mics software
mics itself
fiber cartridge
fiber cable
fiber trunk module
trunk/E&M cards

can you test the TM by putting it on another system? lab sysbem?
did you try the other fiber port of the fiber module?
how about the fiber cable?
test the cards in another system?

try these tests out and let us know what happens.

gl

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

hello:
thank you for your advice but the problem is when i connect the E&M card to the trunk module the MICS start not to see it.
so i changed the the E&M card, the module, the MICS and the software but it still the same and even when i put a trunk card and remove the E&M card.
by the way when i put the trunk module to another system with out the E&M card i got the same problem as if as the the system is locked.

Go to Maintenace and diable Mod
Go to Hardware and make sure the Mod is set for Trunk Mod
Then Under Hardware make sure Card Type is E&M
Go back to Maitenance and enable Mod and Card if need be.

hello:
i tried all of that but nothing happened.

hello:
my friendes after all of that things you asked me to try i try to add a trunk card in the MICS after disconnecting the trunk module and the system did not recognize it so the problem now transfered to the system so please help me?

Well sounds like you got a problem, there should be no problem with this-very common everyday thing-

Slim Fiber 2 port card should be in slot 2 next to your trunk cards in main cabinet

Fiber cable should be plugged into top fiber port on 2 port card, "Which will make it module 04"

Go into Maintenance

Module status
Diable

Go to Hardware

Module Type should be Trunk Mod

Card 1 should be E&M

Go back to Module status in Maintenance and enable the card.

Wala you are done any questions contact me at
john @ 1stAlliancecom.com

norstarguru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back