Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DirSelect. Why is it throwing an error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmenot2

Technical User
Jan 23, 2008
CH
Hey,

I''m getting a weird error with DirSelect in the selectionchanged event of a drop down picture list box. The code looks like this
====================
1 string lsNewDir
3 IF This.DirSelect(lsNewDir) THEN
====================

and the error is this
"An error has occured
Message: Error calling PB system function DirSelect at line 3 in selectionchanged event of object ddplb_dir_list of window_name."

This is weird, because DirSelect should never throw an error in a case like this. The only idea I've heard is that maybe there is a missing DLL on the install that interfaces between PB and windows, however, that doesn't seem to be the case. This error isn't repeatable locally and is only happening with one client.

Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be the problem?

I'd bet it's the missing dll... The dll's are just like the pbd's, and if they're not there, then your app can't access that function, and it's going to throw an error.

If the error is restricted to a single client it has to be either a missing, out of date, or corrupt dll/pbd/exe. Verify everything (application and deployment kit dlls) against a client which is working.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back