Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directx 9.0c and borland c++ 5.5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tack24

Programmer
Oct 6, 2002
US
First of all, i realise most of you use Visual c++, but i can't afford that, so i use Borlands free c/c++ compiler instead, not much tutorials i found on how to use Directx with Borland c/c++ compiler and the ones that are out there are a bit confusing especially when you've been up a while. I'm not sure what i need to do.

"In my borland\include directory i have all the directx header files that came with borland when i downloaded it.

Question: do i need to replace those with the header files in the directx\include directory, or do i need to just import the directx library files to my borland\lib folder?

hmm, another thing, a bout that implib, can someone show me a real example on how to import those libraries from Directx to my Borland\lib folder using implib.exe, the example in borland's "Window help file" is really vague, or maybe i'm just tired. thanks in advance.

any help would be appreciated

I guess you can get a free Visual C++ compiler from called Visual C++ express edition
I will download that and use it strictly for game programming, and continue to use my borland C++ 5.5.1 compiler for application programming, until i figure out how to use it with directx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back