Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DirectX 8 Non-Web Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komaru

Programmer
Jul 29, 2010
I'm trying to install the latest version of DirectX (DirectX 8) on my secondary computer.
The only problem is that I don't have any internet set up on that computer, and any DirectX 8 installer I could find installs everything on the internet.
Does there exist any offline installer for Direct X 8?
Thanks!

Well that is no where near the latest release of directx. Directx 11 is out for windows Vista and 7. Since this is for 95 or 98, you don't specify lets try to narrow it down.

DirectX 8.0a 4.08.00.0400 (RC14) Last supported version for Windows 95 February 5, 2001

4.09.00.0904 (RC0 for DX 9.0c) The February 9, 2005 release is the first 64-bit capable build.[10]The last build for Windows 98/Me is the redistributable from December 13, 2006.

All of the directx 9.0c through march 09 can be found here:
You don't want the directx installer you want the directx redistributable package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back