Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directory Service (ldap.ora file)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymethunt

Programmer
Dec 18, 2000
US
I've just migrated a development database from Oracle version 8.0.4.4.0 to Ora 8.1.7.0.0 and have come accross a little bit of a sting. When I try to open Enterprise Security Manager, I receive a message saying:

&quot;Failed to connnect to a Directory Server. Check that your Directory Server has been started and that your Net8 ldap.ora has been properly configured. Additional information: 101 <OK>&quot;

I haven't been able to dig up much of anything on either the DirServer or the ldap.ora configuration.

I've looked at metalink and the otn, in the &quot;Oracle8i The Complete Reference&quot; published by Osborn/Oracle and in the &quot;Oracle8i Administration and Management&quot; published by Ault/Wiley. No luck in any of those places.

Anyone run into this problem before? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,

~Jayme T Hunt
DB Analyst/Programmer

Sorry no help but I'm looking for some info on the Directory server (I think) We are trying to introduce enterprise users so that multiple people can log in using a single oracle account. Do you know of any good refernece sites?? I'm currently trawling therough the Oracle documentation on it and it keeps sidetracking me with Security issues. As this will run over Secure networks I'm not really bothered about the SSL options.

Thanks,

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back