Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directory server issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayo04

Programmer
Sep 14, 2004
IE
Hi,

I have installed Sun(TM) ONE Directory Server 5.1 SP1 (formerly iPlanet(TM) Directory Server) on unix. I have all the respective cognos products installed. However I have configured cognos products and set the directory server to the name of the machine, port and dn. When I test the connection with access manager I get an "Authenication data is not found". The Ldap server is runing as i can test the connection and that the port is open by telnet. The installation of Sun(TM) ONE Directory Server 5.1 SP1 installed the Administration Server and the Directory server. I created a new instance of the Directory server but I still get the same outcome. Is there some configuration in the cognos configuration Manager that you set where you assign where the directory server is installed or how does this work. Am i missing something any help would be appreciated.

Hi Draoued,

Got it sorted cheers for the reply anyway. It was to do when the ldap server was installed it created a default directory server on port 389. Cognos products could not connect to this default directory server. I reinstalled Sun One Ldap server and set the port to 1389 for the default directory server and created a new instance of the directory server with the port 389 and guess what it ran like a dream.

Mayo Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back