Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directory not found error in Veritas backupexec

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcamci

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2003
CA
I get these errors in my backup log:
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \DBF and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \PCX and its subdirectories.....

They don't seem to be exact directory folder in the server I am backing up. When I try to search for any folder like DBF or PCX, there is no such folder and structure.

I re-selected the drive and the folders I want to backup, I still get these errors.

What is backup talking about with these errors?

mcamci
mcamci@ozoptics.com

When the backup job was first created, those directories probably existed. If you don't unselect them in the backup job before they are deleted they continue to exist in the jobs selections BUT do not display under the selections tab so that you can't unselect them afterwards. Either create the directories named temporarily on the server you are backing up, this will then allow them to be seen in the jobs selections so you can unselect them then delete them from the server again. Alternatively, you can delete that job definition and create it again as new.

Smile anyway,
Perry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back