Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directory/Log redisplay shows UNKNOWN NAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2003
CA
I have quite a few phones that will not display the name or number after the caller has hung up. I can see the caller when it rings, but when I go into the "Directory/Log" on my 3904 all I get is Unknown Name / Unknown Number or I get 6600. I do realize that a lot of people have call blocking and most cell phones will not display but not all of these numbers are being blocked.

Here is the TN printed out

DES 3904
TN 008 0 00 02
TYPE 3904
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
FDN 6600
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS CTD FBA WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSD
MWA RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNIA CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXA ARHA CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 6600
LHK 3
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 MCR 7110 1 MARP
CPND
NAME GWEN DACOSTA
XPLN 12
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 MCR 7110 D
CPND
NAME GWEN DACOSTA
XPLN 12
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 ADL 16 92997485
03 SCN 7117 D
CPND
NAME DAVE DOBBIN
XPLN 11
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
04 ADL 16 98257517
05 ADL 16 97682010
06 ADL 16
07 ADL 16
08 ADL 16
09 ADL 16
10 ADL 16
11 ADL 16 44
16 MWK 6600
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 8 6600
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
DATE 13 APR 2003

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
And for the record, I get more answers here than calling my local phone company. You guys are good!!

it a very easy thing, all you have to do is program the 3904 via the Directory/Log button on the phone itself. There you will put the name and number of the calling party. john Doe: 201-435-xxxx

AJA7: are you suggesting that the user should manually key in the phone number as it comes in? I probably am not explaining myself clear enough. These users and myself included get lots of different phone calls a day and cannot be expected to do something like that for each one.

I had one person told me her home phone number, which she said is not blocked displays fine while she is on the phone, but it is after she hangs up that the Call Log (Callers List) shows it as Unknown number and 6600.

These phones are all extension on an 11c and using Meridian mail.

Did you get an answer for this? I also recently have had the same situation.

Thank you for any help.

Is 6600 your vmail dn? Incoming calls should not display the voice mail dn. If the rdb access code is 6600 you would see this if calling number is not being sent. If you subscribe to Name Delivery service on pri trunks, NDS must be set in RCAP on the dchan. If all is in place, there is a patch from Nortel to display the name correctly.

Once again, I stand corrected.

It seems our situation is different that the initial posted question, which states a display of UNKNOWN NAME/UNKNOWN NUMBER in the directory log. Our situation only shows UNKNOWN NAME.

In our scenario, the calling number is being sent and seen by the station operator. The name isn't, and as you (roupe) mentioned we either don't subscribe to Name Delivery service, or my pbx isn't programmed to deal with it (I'll look into that later).

What I did discover is that when the user accesses the directory log and edits an entry, the number does indeed appear. So it seems that while we don't have names, we do have the numbers in the log.

Sorry for the false alarm. However, as this is was my first time into the forum (we are a 20-year Rolm/IBM/Siemens shop and are on the steep uphill climb to understanding the programming of the Notels) I am grateful for the quick help, and hope to be not only a requestor, but also a solution provider in the future.

I am truly a grateful newbie....

I am having the same issue with my call log... unless the name is someone on my switch, or in my personal directory, the number appears as unknown name.... any suggestions? I am certain that I selected the log all call feature from option 6 on the phones options button.... thanks!

are you getting network names?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back