Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

directory entry index

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemudd

MIS
Jun 7, 2005
CA
How can I get the directory entry index for an entry whose name I know?

The dialfind manual states this: "Finds the entry name and/or index associated with a specified name in the specified class."

However, I can't figure out how to have it return the index rather than the entry name.

Anyone know how to retrieve the index of a particular entry?

Thanks in advance.

My suspicion is that the discussion of the dialfind command is incorrect when it talks about returning an index.

The only way I am aware of to associate an entry name and its index is the dialname command, but it works in the other direction. I think the only way to do what you want is to use the sample script from the dialcount command (to determine the number of entries in the Connection Directory and loop through them), then compare the name of the current Connection Directory entry to the one you know. Then, you would be able to determine the index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back