Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Director

Status
Not open for further replies.

studioman

Technical User
Apr 15, 2005
GB
I am comparing two programs and trying to decide which one to get. The two choices are, Macromedia Director, and Adobe Premier. Can someone tell me why I should purchase Director over Premier? Thanks!

Two different programs. Premiere is for putting video footage together. Director assembles content and you put it on a stage. Then to Shockwave for the web or presentations.<br>
<br>
What are you planning to do?<br>
<br>
Both programs are great!

He's right , these 2 programs are totally different. Director is more of a programming tool with tons of options. It just depends on what you want to do! I must say though if your wanting to do video Adobe premier is SLOW!!! if you want to ad an effect like a wipe transition, it takes for ever and you have to render the entire movie before you can see what you applied. I think video editing has got a ways to go before it can really cook. As far as video for director goes, you will have to have some experience in programming or at least understand some of the structure before you can really get that final product, although all the macromedia products are fast and very stable and come with tons of support.<br>&nbsp;I'm not a MAC person but if your doing anything related to audio or video a MAC is the way to go. With director you can try it before you buy it. So that will help in making your decission.<br><br>Hope that helps,<br>Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back