Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Director fullscreen 16:9 video

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueThunder99

Technical User
Aug 21, 2007
AU
Hi there,
I'm currently working on a Director project that includes 16:9 video, which initially comes up in a window in the stage, and when the user clicks on the video, it goes fullscreen. My problem is, when the video goes fullscreen, it takes the resolution of the monitor and squashes the video into 4:3 mode. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or if there is a script that can fix this?

I'm using MPEG Advance Xtra, and they have a fullscreen toggle script that I will post below. But I an unable to work out how to fix this for 16:9 vision. Any help would be much appreciated!

-- Mpeg Advance Xtra Full Screen behavior

-- You are free to use, modify and redistribute this code with your Director projects

property pFullScreenAtStart
property pFullScreenOnClick
property pIsFullScreen
property pOriginalStageRect
property pOriginalSpriteRect

on mouseUp me
if pFullScreenOnClick then
me.toggleFullScreen()
end if
end

on beginSprite me
if pFullScreenAtStart then
me.toggleFullScreen()
end if
end

on toggleFullScreen me
if not pIsFullScreen then
pOriginalStageRect = (the stage).rect
pOriginalSpriteRect = sprite(me.spritenum).rect.duplicate()
(the stage).rect = the desktoprectlist[1]
sprite(me.spritenum).rect = the desktoprectlist[1]
pIsFullScreen = true
else
(the stage).rect = pOriginalStageRect
sprite(me.spritenum).rect = pOriginalSpriteRect
updatestage
--force the stage to redraw, necessary in MacOS Classic
the stagecolor = the stagecolor
updatestage
pIsFullScreen = false
end if
end

on endsprite me
if pIsFullScreen then
me.toggleFullScreen()
end if
end

on getPropertyDescriptionList
set description = [:]
addprop description, #pFullScreenAtStart, [#default: false, #format:#boolean, #comment: "Enable full screen at beginsprite:"]
addprop description, #pFullScreenOnClick, [#default: true , #format:#boolean, #comment: "Toggle full screen on click:"]

return description
end

on getBehaviorDescription me
return "Drag to video sprite to enable it to resize the stage and play in full screen mode." & RETURN & "PARAMETERS:" & RETURN & "• Enable full screen at beginsprite - When enabled the movie will go in full screen mode as soon as the video sprite is initialized" & RETURN & "• Toggle full screen on click - Determines if full screen mode will be enabled and disabled when the user clicks on the video sprite."
end

you also have to make sure that your video is in the correct pixel aspect ratio prior to importing it into Director.

ideally, you'd encode the video file to square pixels - which would mean that you'd need to change a 16:9 video to something like 1024 X 576. then when you import it into Director you can check "keep aspect ratio" in the behaviours tab for fullscreen script.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back