Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Director and Word, Excel files

Status
Not open for further replies.

xudito

Technical User
Sep 15, 2000
PT
Hi!
i´ve created several folders where i put some word, excel and other files; my goal is to build a kind of an interface in director, to "call" the files i've created. example: i would like to have an interface/index like

1 - Chapter I
1.1 Part A ................................9
1.2 Part B .............................12
1.3 Part C ................................15
2 - Chapter II
2.1 Part D .....................................17
2.2 Part E ..............................19

so,

1 - Chapter I and Chapter II are two word files and i would like to click with the left mouse button in Chapter I to open the ChapterI.doc file, in a read-only mode; when i close that file, i would like to return to the interface/index;

2 - i would like to click in, for instance, Part B with the left mouse button and open the ChapterI.doc file, in a read-only mode, in that specific page (12); when i close that file, i would like to return to the interface/index;

is that possible? to open a word file in a specific page? there are any extras? how could it be the approach?

Thank you!!
Xudito
xudito@hotmail.com

Is this for the web? (If anyone is going through my responeses I know it's all redundant.) If so, I'd sugget using flash for this project if it's an option. I know how to do this thing in Flash, but not yet in Director (though I'm sure it's an option) by linking to external .txt files. For the excel option, it seems like it would be better suited for xml external files (a headache, but excellent payoff in the end). A few more details and maybe I can be of more help.

Blended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back