Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Director 4.22 Clients drop randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeysmc

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2005
US
We are using Director 4.22 on the server with clients from 3.2 to the new 4.22. The problem we are having is when using remote control is that the client will drop. When this happens due to a network problem or blue screen etc, you can reconnect. Ever since we went to Director 4.2x, I have had nothing but trouble. You have to walk the user through hitting Alt+T, but that only works half of the time and then causes a huge problem when they aren't there at all. I've found that sending a reboot to the client will allow you to work for a while before the problem repeats. We have over 700 clients setup on the server. There has been no pattern in Agent version, OS, service pack, java, time of day, number of consoles up, nothing that I can find.

I'm waiting for IBM to get back with me on support but thought I would try here while waiting.
Thanks
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back