Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directly dialing into a PC using netmeeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarcus25

Programmer
Apr 14, 2005
Hi I am trying to connect to a client to try to resolve and issue on their pc through netmeeting. My problem is that they don't have an internet connection but they have a 56K voice/fax modem attached. I need to be able to connect directly to their Pc using metmeeting over a regular phone line, is this posibble? I know this can be done with PC anywhere but the client does not have this installed on their PC. Since Netmeeting is built into XP this would be ideal for this situation if it can be done. Also is their a way I can also connect using my cable modem or maybe a server I can use to dial out to the cients PC. I am not always at the office where we actually have a dial up modem and sometimes have to give support to people from my home. It would make things a whole lot easier to be able to do this from home. Thank heavens we only have a few clients in this situation, some people don't believe in the internet. Thanks in advance people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back