Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

directed recovery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marksmen

Technical User
Feb 4, 2003
US
What command line would I use if I wanted to do a directed recovery of directory A on Server A to directory B on Server B. Directories A and B are different pathnames.

You do not have a choice - "recover" is the only one.

The general syntax is like:

recover -s server -c source_client -R dest_client -iY

On Windows, you may of achieve this as well from the NetWorker User program.
With NW 7/Windows, this even works for UNIX/Linux clients.

What command line would I use if I wanted to do a directed recovery of directory A on Server A to directory B on Server B. Directories A and B are different pathnames.

The command I'd suggest is:

recover -s server_name -c souce_client -R target_client -d destination_directory -a -f -t recover_date Directory_A

-d: allows you to specify the altername pathname, i.e. Directory B

-a: automatic recovery without browsing.

-f: overwrite any existing files. (same as -iY)

Make sure to edit the source client's configuration so that you have the user@target_client in the remote access field.
If you're not sure what to out, you can use *@*, but remember to remove this after the recovery is done, since this allows any machine to recover the data from that system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back