Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Directed Call Pickup COS

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox2

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
GY
Ok so after much research on this i have come to the conclusion that for Directed Call pickup to work, i need DPUA on all my sets. SO with that being said, i noticed in the NTP that you first need to have PKG 115 DCP and that the RNPG cannot be "0". I would Dial the Spree + 95 + XXXX and viola i should be able to answer anything on my system right? or is the sets with RNPG "0" not going to allow me to pickup whatever the ringing extension may be? I understand there is other options like call pickup, FFC PUDN, etc., but i want to use this method so when my folks are out and about they can grab any phone regardless of what RNPG they are in, dial SPREE + 95 + XXXX and answer the phone. My BIG question is again to be clear, are phones with "RNPG 0" able to pickup in this scenario? Or will i have to change all these to anything other than 0? Thank you for your help.

I think the key to your answer is this

Directed Call Pickup (DCP) allows a caller from one Call Pickup group
to pick up a ringing call in another Call Pickup group. The ringing call is
picked up by dialing either its Call Pickup Group number or the DN on
which it is ringing.

Since "0" is not a Group then it will not work. You have to be assigned to a valid group 1 - 4095 for DCP to work. That's what I get out of the Feature Guide anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back