Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DirectCD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaldon

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
GB
Since I upgraded to the apalling Roxio DirectCD 5.01 I have experienced a problem with DirectCD.
When a virgin CDR is inserted the formatting splash screen comes up automatically and everthing is fine, however, if a second CDR is inserted the splash screen does not appear automatically unless the machine has been re-booted. This is happening on all the machines that we produce (win98 SE).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated but please don't advise me to use different software as it is tied into another program so we are stuck with Roxio (unfortunately)

Many thanks in advance

I don't have a solutiion for you but you might find this funny. I used Easy CD creator Basic which included that version of direct cd on my winxp machine. It claims my write speed is 64x!!! :) Gee whiz...I thought I bought a 24x burner! Maybe instead of buying a faster burner I'll just upgrade Easy CD creator when I need more speed.

Are you sure it's DirectCD 5.01? I thought the latest was 3.05, although there is an Easy CD 5.x available. Make sure you're running the latest patch(es):

For DirectCD:

For Easy CD:
~cdogg

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
- A. Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back