Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DirectAccess Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenhalo

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2008
US
Hello All:

Not sure if this is the correct Forum in TT to post this issue to, but it seemed like the most relevant. So we have had DirectAccess working in production for over a year now without major issues. This morning, I get in the office with several tickets regarding internal access from our remote employees. After diagnosing a bit, I found that I was also not getting good connectivity to DirectAccess.

Here is the issue: Doing some troubleshooting I found that I am successfully getting an IP6 address through both Teredo and my iphttpsinterface. When looking at Windows Firewall, I can see that there are 5 connection security rules associated to DA, but if I look under Monitoring >> Connection Security Rules, there are only 3 (the two that are missing are the ones that specify Endpoint 1 - Any). Finally, there are no Security Associations listed under Main Mode or Quick Mode.

There are now many users being affected by this, but I am seeing that some users can still connect. I will be opening a ticket with Microsoft, but while I'm waiting for them, any help is appreciated.

Brad L.
Network Engineer
Pcubed

"Some things Man was never meant to know. For everything else, there's Google.

OK, got it resolved. For some reason or another, the Group Policy became corrupt. We just had to reapply the policies and it started working. Thanks,

Brad L.
Network Engineer
Pcubed

"Some things Man was never meant to know. For everything else, there's Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back