Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct Serial Connection to Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL100guy

IS-IT--Management
Sep 29, 2003
US
The subject says it all.

Is it possible through my laptop serial connection to my Meridian Mail using Procomm as my terminal interface. All that I can figure to do is configure a modem to dial in and none of the other communication options seem to be what I need to use for this type of desired connection. There are no printers, or modems on site nor can I get funding. So the serial connection is my only option.

The alternate is to print from my VT520 printer port to my serial port and capture it with Procomm.

Thanks all in advance.

It should be pretty easy to connect as long as you find out the required connection information (speed, data bits, emulation, etc.). You will also need to purchase a null modem cable to connect with (a standard serial cable will likely not work). To make the connection from within Procomm, you'll need to choose the direct connection for the com port on your modem (for example, direct connect-Com2).

One site that may be helpful if you have more in-depth questions on Meridian Mail is pbxinfo.com.

aspect@aspectscripting.com

Hello,

I connect to a Nortel DMS-100 Switch in 2 Different ways, both using a Serial Port on my Laptop. I assume that the SL-100 hasn't changed much in the last few years..

Two Questions:

Does the SL-100 have any IO Ports ( EIA or CL ) ?

If so I can send you the Connection Diagrams and Configurations..

Hank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back