Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct Group Calling aka hunt group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2005
US
I am trying to setup a new DGC group with four members on a Merlin Legend r7v9 with Merlin Mail. How I would like this will work is the main number to the office is dialed, the Auto attendant answers and asks for an extension. The ext for the DGC group is dialed, the calls will then route to an available agent. If no one answers the calls need to route to an agent's Mailbox. Any suggestions on how to do this or books to read would be greatly appreciated.

Set up a Calling Group with the 4 extensions as members. You should visit the Avaya.com website and under support, all products alphabetical, scroll down to Merlin Legend, Release 7 and download the feature manual. Read about all of the variations of Calling Groups you can set up (autologin vs. autologout, linear vs. circular, etc) to decide which type of group you want. Then, in voice mail, under autoattendant administration, put in a selector code for direct transfer to the group's extension and add the necessary verbage to the AA announcement.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Tom's idea is good, there's a lot to know about Group Calling.

However, to do what you want, I would do it like this:
(In fact, last week I set one up just like this)

Put your agents in the Calling group.

Set the group type for "SUTO LOG OUT"

Set the OVERFLOW for that group to go to Voice Mail, set the TIME BASED to Overflow to 25 Seconds (About 4 Rings, this can be adjusted) Set the NUMBER BASED to 99.

For now, leave the PROMPT BASED Alone.

Also, set the QUE ALARMS like this:

Threshold 3 = 3

Threshold 2 = 2

Threshold 1 = 1

Make the MESSAGE RECEIVER for the Calling Group the AGENT who's Light you want to Light up.

IN VOICE MAIL - Create a MAILBOX for the CALLING GROUP (i.e.; Calling Group = 775, make a mailbox 775)

Put an ES2 button on the agent's phones.

Also, put a Button (*22) on each agent's phone for the CALLLING GROUP. (i.e.; *22 775, for group 775)

When you get this done, HERE's HOW IT WILL WORK:

FIrst, youir agents MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE TO ALWAYS MAKE SURE THEIR ES2 (LOGIN) BUTTON IS LIT WHEN THEY ARE AVAILABLE.

When the office is dialed, the Auto attendant answers and asks for an extension. (OR you could have a MENU PROMPT/SELECTOR CODE) Route to the CALLING GROUP NUMBER (i.e.; 775)

The ext for the DGC group is dialed, the calls will then route to an available agent.

OK, HERE's where the Group Calling Features Kick IN:

If there isw an available agent, that agent will get the call.

-OR- IF their are no agents avaialble, the call queue light lites up, blinks slowly for 1 call in q, blinkjs fast for 2 calls in q - and goes solid for 3 or more.

ALSO - after the overflow TIME is met, it goes to voice mail.

NOW, MORE MAGIC:

If there are 2 agent avaialble, and the agent that received the call DOES NOT ANSWER, after about 6 or so rings (NOT ADJUSTABLE) the receiving agent will be LOGGED OUT, and the call will be sent to the other available agent.

-OR- IF, On the other hand there is only 1 agent, and he does not answer, after 6 or so rings HE WILL BE LOGGED OUT, and the call will IMMEDIATELY go to Voice Mail.

THe person whose phone you designate as the MESSAGE RECEIVER will have their MESSAGE LIGHT turned on when a call is sent to the VOICE MAIL of the CALLING GROUP.

They will have to log into Voice Mail with the CALLING GROUP's NUMBER to get the message.

If no one answers the calls need to route to an agent's Mailbox.

If you use AA2 or AA3, instead of AA1 to do what Merlinman suggests, you can have any messages for the group go to the general mailbox for that AA and make one of your calling group members the owner of that general mailbox. You can also use the night menu to have messages go directly to the general mailbox for the group.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Thanks for the information. I will try it and let you know how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back