Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

direct cable connection w/ win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

kell3625

Programmer
Jan 6, 2001
US
how do i get direct cable connection on win2000? i have the cable and the other comp has me.. but i can't network em cause 2k doesn't have directcc.. i tried putting the files on disk.. but i don't know all the ones it needs and stuff.. and i keep getting kernell32.dll errors.. please help.. =)

In Win2K, go to Accessories->Communications->Network and Dialup connections.

In there you can set up a new connection for a direct cable connection.

Good luck. ~Apex1x
Miller's Law:
You can't tell how deep a puddle is until you step into it.

ok i did that .. and set it up as guest and the primary as host.. and it won't connect.. says the network is busy.. on the main one it doesnt see it.. asks if the computer is running.. what do i do?

also can i do internet connection sharing w/ directcc?

I don't know if this page will help you - I've always had trouble when trying to use DCC between 9x/Me and Nt/2k/XP machines - don't do it very often, and usually get it sorted to do transfer I want, but never quite sure how I got it to work! Don't think ICS works over it - but networks cards are very cheap & you just need 2 with a crossover cable for proper, much better networking.

i have the network adapters and a cat5 wire but i don't have the proper tools to make it a crossover.. i was just trying dcc cause i had the stuff for it =) just thought it would be easy and fast.. guess not =) i guess i'll just give up the dcc and go w/ converting this cat5.. thanks =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back