Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direct Agent Queueing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyboy2k3

Technical User
Feb 3, 2003
US
A customer calls to the call center and wants to talk to the same rep as before. Is there a way to que this customer to that rep without creating a separate skill for each agent?

It would not be que, but you could set up vrt tables where that agent gives out her agent id and he can enter it when he calls back. Or you can set up vrt tables that reconize his ani, that is if he calls from the same ani each time and routes stait to that agent. Depends on how much programming you want to do for the issue for this problem.

Would that just ring the reps extension rather than keeping the customer in a que? If so then the rep would need to manually answer the call rather it coming in as an acd call right?

Thanks for the help.

Right it would ring at the agent station instead of going in to que.

Anyone know how to make this an ACD call? When the call rings to an agent, they pick up the call whcih puts them into an Aux state.

I'm on holidays, so I'm working from memory (which is getting rather weak) since all my info is at home, so I may be giving you a bum steer. If I recall, if you set up a direct agent skill & assign it in the agent form, (give it priority level 1) a call to that agent will count as an ACD call & will queue to the agent as any other call. Only difference is it will present itself ahead of other calls in the skills assigned to the agent. The same direct agent skill can be assigned to any number of agents, they will still only receive the calls directed to their specific agent id. You can make selecting the agent id an option in the vector & route the call to it if they make that choice. It should then queue to that agent and be the next call presented, although you need to define the annoucement they will hear in system parameters features. ( I also believe they hear ringback tone, not MOH after hearing that announcement, even though they are queued, but I'm not 100% sure on that one) I'm making the assumption this an Eas call center, of course.

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail use form on website at

johnnyboy2k3,

I implemented this feature for my employer. Key items to program:

The login ID -

I assigned the direct agent skill the same as the agents 1st skill number, (this way inbound calls to the agents "Login ID" will count as an ACD Skill call for that skill group).

Then be sure the that Direct Agent Calling? is set to "y" for the COR of the Login ID, ACD-VDN, and inbound trunk group.

When an inbound call to the agents "Login ID" is connected, the call will reflect as DACD-IN via CMS real time split/skill.

Of course, the agent must give out their login ID as their extension along with their contact numer when leaving a call back message with their customers. Non-business related calls,e.g assoc. to assoc., child calling Mom when returning home from school will call their extension so as those calls are not counted as a skill call.

Hope this helps.

KG

For the return call, what would you put in the Vector? 'route-to number agent/id'?

What are your thoughts for the following:
I would like to queue a call for Agent A, wait about 15 seconds if not available, then queue to skill group that agent A is assigned. Is it true that I will need to create a new skill group for each agent? Wander why Avaya doesn't have such a thing as 'queue-to agent xxxx'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back