Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DIR.EDB question

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad316

MIS
Jan 18, 1999
US
Is it possible to restore one's messages and calendars when you rebuild exchange srvr on a new pc? I have the old NT on a separate HD. Can you import or what?<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
Brad<br>
brad316@bellsouth.net

Brad <br>
<br>
As I understand you want to move your existing Exchange environment onto a bigger and faster server??.<br>
If that is the case, do a full back up of the exchange system, which includes dir.edb. Then build your new system as the same name and organization. The old server will have to be removed from the domain as you will be naming your new system as per the old system. (You can't move mail and calendars from an exchange server into a totally different server name) Unless thats possible now?? Once you have rebuilt the exchange environment restore the backed up data and hey presto. Depending on numbers you can ask the users to create pst files which will keep all their mail and stuff local whilst you build the new system, this way you have resilience in case of a failure. Hope that helps, if it was complete mush Red Flag me..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back