Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimm location!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alimalik

Technical User
Aug 15, 2005
QA

Kindly guide in locating faulty dimm in Sun Fire E2900 sytem board. The error appears as under

"errID 0x00066d39.4dfdd8c0 Corrected Memory Error on /N0/SB4/P0/B1/D0 J13301 is Persistent"

The command:

/usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag | pg

might help.

All I ask of you
Is make my wildest dreams come true

bring up sun system handbook, look up your server and then go to the system view and components page, next select your systemboard. If you do not know exactly which board is yours, at least select a board that supports the same speed CPU's as you have in your box. it will tell you exactly where
J13301 is located, this number is a specific DIMM location on the board. I use this process everytime I need to find a faulty dimm that is erroing in the messages file.

to be exact, your dimm is located at:::
its location is in the second bank on the left(P0), and is the farthest dimm to the right. (note if you are viewing it with the CPU's above the memory)

P0 = processor it is tied to
B1 = Bank
D0 = DIMM

Hope this helps, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back