Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimension Problems with Exported QT Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaulbr

Technical User
Jan 2, 2006
US
Hello all. I hope someone here can help me. I post videos on the web. I encode them using h.263 and set the dimensions to 400x300. I can usually get it to be around 3mgs/minute with decent quality.

All of the sudden recently the dimensions aren’t correct after I export the video. I set the dimensions to be 400x300 but the final exported QT movie ends up being 352x264. I don’t get it. I have checked the settings many times and can’t figure out why this is happening. I have tried using both iMovie and QT Pro and get the same results. If I use h264 it works fine but with h263 they keep coming out at the wrong dimensions.

I think this all started happening after I downloaded the QT 7 update (from 7.0 to 7.1). Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Can anyone offer any help please? I appreciate it.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back