Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimension filters dont affect one measure - i.e. time

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidagnew37

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
GB
Hi, I am new to cubes and need some help with Dimension filters and the way these affect my measures.

I have three measures in my finance cube:
"Actual", "Budget" and "Full Year Budget".

I also have several Dimension filters which affect these - such as "account codes", "cost codes" etc.. I also have "Time" as a dimension but want this to only change the "Actual", and "Budget" measures NOT and "Full Year Budget" - as I want this to stay constant - only be affected by the other Dimension filters.

Is there a way of doing this? via some MDX code perhaps?

davidagnew@rhs.org.uk

David,

Research Calculated Cells ... I think this is what you need to use to prevent changes over Time for the "Full Year Budget" measure.

Justin

Justin is Correct you will need to use a Calculated Cell. These allow you to apply logic to a specific cell and perform an mdx calc when the logic result is true. Calculated cells can be a bit of a pain when you first start using them but once you get the hang of how they work they can be extremely powerful. What you will want to do is apply a calculated cell to your full year measure. the test logic will be something like
IIF(Measures.CurrentMember = "Full Year Budget")

Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back