Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimension Box not Keeping values

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2002
US
I bring up the properties for a rectangle and wish to set it to a set x & y and height & width. It allows me to change the values, but throws away the values when I leave the box. Should not this be a way to set object size precisly?

I am a long time fan of Freehand but this is one of the things that I find irritating also. You can't just enter the values, then move on. You have to actually hit the enter button on the keyboard. There are aother things that also require this in the Freehand editors. For example you can't change the name of a layer then click on a second layer and have the name that you so carefully entered stick. You have to hit enter.

For that matter. As far as I can find, you can't set a parameter such as a center for rotation and have it stay set. Each time you select a new object the center of rotation values change to the calculated center value for that object. I would like like to be able to set rotation for say 0,0 and leave it there.

Oh well! What can we do. Were dealing with Macromedia, and as we saw with Extreme 3D they are capable of treason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back